Monday 27 October 2014

Cross country recount


"On your marks get set GO!" Everyone charged towards the front hoping not to get stuck behind anyone that's slower than them, but that didn't work out too well for me. I got stuck behind Briar from Waitahuna and I couldn't pass her because it was a very skinny track. I sprinted as fast as I could. Suddenly the track grew wider so I passed three other people and was then running in fourth place, hard out. My legs were getting tired, I was getting hot. As we came around the frog pond that was when I wanted to jump in it, but I didn't. "Go girls go your almost finished" Mrs O echoed 2 or three times. I carried on running up the hill to were the finish line was waiting for me. I ran and ran, passed the finishing in fourth place. 'Phew i'm glad that's over for another year' I thought to myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment